Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Walking!

Wow - its been almost a week. The new job has me busy! So busy in fact that I am trying to figure out just how to squeeze in the exercise. So I decided to try a different route to and from work. This new route involves one less train switch which is pretty awesome and a .8 mile walk to my office. Done in reverse - another .8 mile back for a total of 1.6 miles in a day! It is through crowded city streets - so not exactly a jog, but there is some sport involved as you are constantly figuring out how to leap past the slow poke or tourist that just stops dead in their tracks to look up. Speaking of that - if you do ever come to NYC please move aside before stopping short and looking up. We realize there are a lot of awesome things to see - but really - its for your own safety and virgin ears if you are not a fan of explicatives.

I am however, getting a little concerned about my weight. I continue to gain - all in my stomach area despite a very good diet consisting of mostly organic foods. I know how many calories is in everything I eat - so I am still calorie counting as well. I am starting to get concerned that there is something going on beyond my control (like fibroids or something)since my waist band keeps expanding. It is incredibly frustrating and depressing. My new insurance starts on Dec 1st - so that will be my first priority. And no, I'm not pregnant! I had my tubes tied, and the paranoia in me did force me to buy a test which was of course negative.

So there you have it. At least I will be getting in a nice walk every day and hopefully at some point will actually make it to kick boxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment