Monday, November 2, 2009

Lets Get Physical!

So I have figured out that I have gained 29lbs since I stopped going to kickboxing about a year and a month ago. So much happened that it became impossible. My dad passed away, I got divorced and I lost my job. A trifecta crap shoot if you will. But now things are looking up. I got a new job and have an awesome fiance :) So I have decided that no matter how crazy my schedule is, I am going back to Kick-boxing. I felt awesome when I was actively going, and I had lost a lot of weight and gained a lot of muscle. It was one thing that REALLY worked for me. I know its going to kill me the first couple of times I go back, but the weight should (hopefully) start melting off! That and I need the energy back that I used to feel when I was going.

So tell me more about kick-boxing you say? Well - I go to this place called CKO. The trainers there are awesome. If I didn't feel so comfortable in this place I would look for something more convenient to my new job, but really - I feel like there is nowhere else I can go. There are people of all shapes and sizes in this class. The instructors treat everyone the same, knowing that those of us not in as great a shape as the others are there to get healthy. They are so supportive and never make you feel like you don't belong there with the "super healthy" folks. Its an hour long class with the last 10 minutes devoted to abs. When you leave you are drenched in sweat. It works out every muscle and you see the results really quickly. I was amazed with how much better my body looked in only a few months the last time I actively went. So with all of you as my witnesses - I am going back. Wednesday night will probably be the night, so I will post after my first class back.

Hopefully this along with the new improved diet will be the one-two punch I need to lose those 30-40lbs. Sorry - I just couldn't resist the pun.

No comments:

Post a Comment