Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Drumroll Please!

So its the big first weigh-in day and I am very excited to report that in my first week on the Hot Pocket Diet (actually six days if you want to get technical) I lost 3.8 lbs!!!!!!!!!

I do realize that people tend to lose more the first couple weeks of any diet - but I am very happy with my initial results. I have found that by eating these smaller meals more often I have a bit more energy. I mean I took on painting a bathroom this week and I got my butt to exercise for the first time in months!

And actually - I kind of look forward to some of those Hot Pockets! I have definitely found my favorites (and not so favorites).

And of course, I am not attributing my weight loss to any magic contained within the Hot Pocket, but rather to lowering my calorie intake to between 1400-1500 calories a day (3-4 Hot Pockets plus some healthy snacks). This is a much lower calorie intake than I was (obviously) at before, yet a healthy amount just above the 1200 minimum. It also gives me a little wiggle room as I continue to lose weight.

So, yes, I am very excited about my first week. This will definitely keep me motivated to continue on my diet. I am however, going away for a long weekend with my honey tomorrow, so this will present a big challenge for me. All my meals will be out, so I will have to be really vigilant about keeping to the small meals throughout the day. I will try to sneak in a Hot Pocket here or there and am hoping that our hotel has a microwave for said meals, but if not, I think I can handle a couple days after such a motivating first week!

Stay tuned for updates from the road and next week's weigh-in!

2 comments: