Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The First Truly Awful Hot Pocket


OK, so I finally stumbled upon the pocket full of nasty meat everyone jokes about. The Italian Style Meatball Sub Lean Pocket was truly awful. Most of it went in the garbage. I promptly replaced it with the most delightful four cheese lean pocket. Yes - that is simply warm gooey goodness in a pocket.
So for all of you waiting for this moment - it has happened. Not all Hot Pockets are created equal. Nope, not at all.
I also added some real exercise (read: not painting or pushing a double stroller with 80lbs of kids around a mall) to my day. I did some Jillian Michaels DVD. For those of you not immediately familiar with her name, she is the "motivating" trainer on The Biggest Loser. The great thing about the DVD is that it has 3 levels of training that you can choose from. It is also only 20 minutes long. It is however about 20 minutes worth of sweaty torture. I haven't sweated that much since kick-boxing class. In fact it was probably just as intense - just packed into a shorter time frame. I also used 3 lb hand weights as well. My little girls did the routine with me using barbie dolls as their hand weights. It was actually quite comical. The best part was when my whirlwind of a 4 year old said - "gee - this lady doesn't even let you take a break - I'm getting tired." Watching a 3 and 4 year old try to do push-ups, jumping jacks and the other exercises was quite funny as well. So overall - thumbs up on the DVD. It definitely gives you a workout. I can feel the ache setting in all over my thighs already. Tomorrow morning should be awesome!
So remember - Italian Style Meatball Soft Sub Lean Pocket = terrible nasty meat. At least now you know I don't work for Nestle in their Hot Pocket division. Only honest opinions handed out here.
Wish me luck with my weigh-in tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. Reading this reminds me of the one and only Hot Pocket I've ever tried - the BBQ Beef flavor. The first bite was OK, mostly just pastry and some BBQ sauce. The second bite delivered the BBQ meat, and it was *awful.* I was soon wondering what part of the cow provides the much sought after "Dr. Scholls Odor Eater" textured meat. Yum!

    ReplyDelete