Friday, October 16, 2009

A Call To Blog!

Hi Folks!

So its been a little while since I've blogged and a lot has happened. First, I realized that while the Hot Pocket Diet was a fun experiment - its one that didn't work. But hey, that's what experiments are for right? Some work and some don't!

So why the decision to change Hot Pocket Lady, you may ask? Well, this lady is getting married in a year and she needs to look smokin' in her wedding dress!! I mean really, all those folks I haven't seen in years need to think I've looked super hot all along. Well that and I need to get healthy too, not just thin. I need my pipes to work, my skin to look good and to have more energy. All of which come with a healthy diet.

So whats the game plan? Well I did buy the "Skinny Bitch" diet book. Had I realized this was just one big push to be vegan I may have resisted, but it did have a lot of valid and interesting points. So basically I will eat a LOT more veggies and fruit. Also, when I do eat meat or drink milk in moderation it will be organic. And I do have a confession. Are your ready? Wait for it.....ok, I actually like Tofu and veggies burgers. I mean genuinely like them, like I order them in restaurants and everything. So they will be making a lot more appearances in the diet as well. I will also be sure to keep the calories at 1600 or less per day. And the kicker, I am giving up alcohol. Basically the only time I will have any is red wine if we are out to dinner. And then it will only be one glass. This is definitely a major lifestyle change for me.

So I started this diet on Monday and have stuck to all of the above. I have actually lost 2 pounds since then. Yes, ok, another confession - I weigh myself almost everyday. I just can't help it! I am a girl - its just part of my wiring. Much like we like sparkly things and shoes and purses.

So the blogging will continue. Hopefully you will support me on the continued journey to lose 30 (or maybe 40) pounds. And I am giving myself til Sept 2010 to lose the weight - so we will do this on a realistic and safe timetable to get it all done. More importantly that's 11 more months of my witty humor. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment