Friday, October 23, 2009

Not All Frozen Food Is Created Equal

As promised, I have some more food reviews. First I am going to start with Indian food. If you don't have much experience with Indian food you should really give it a try! So flavorful and so many meals that you can eat if you happen to be vegetarian. Plenty if you're not too! Now granted, a lot of Indian food in the US isn't totally authentic - but you know what? Its pretty darn good anyway! So on to the reviews:

First - the worst frozen Indian food EVER:



I had Sukhi's Palak Paneer and it was terrible! First of all it was overpowered with Jalapeno flavor. Jalapenos in guacamole = good. Jalapenos in Indian food = WTF? Secondly, the spinach was so fine it was like baby food. The naan was ok considering it was microwaved. Overall it was just awful. I took two bites and then sent it to its final resting place.

Next is my favorite frozen food brand Amy's. I have had a couple of their Indian meals and they have been very good. They are complete with rice as well, so no extra work . Great to bring to work for lunch and pop in the microwave. Overall, Amy's has not disappointed me yet - so I will keep on trying all of their stuff!

Now if you want to have really great frozen Indian food, Deep Foods is the brand for you!! This stuff is great! Also all natural and tastes so fresh. The spice and texture is just right. Only thing about this brand is that you have to make your rice separate (though you can buy their microwavable rice as well - it has goodies like cashews and raisins and spices in it). Their Palak Paneer and Kofta Curry are my absolute favorites! Truly the best frozen Indian food out there. I will add their link to the links we love section if you want to check it out!



I have also recently tried Amy's pesto pizza and black bean burrito. Both are super tasty! Just as expected. My only complaint is that the pizza was not microwavable so I can't bring it into work for lunch. Though - they may do that on purpose, cause baking it in the oven gave it a really nice crust. Their spinach pizza in a pocket is awesome too. Way better than any Hot Pocket I ever had!!

I am just so excited their are so many great frozen organic meals out there making my new diet so much easier. I have come to enjoy making some of my good for you, veggie filed meals, but having the convenience of frozen options is great as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment