Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Panini Pocket Review

OK - so I tried the Panini pocket for lunch today. There are definately some pro's and con's to said pocket.

First of all, it tasted fine. I got the cheese steak panini and it basically tasted as expected. The crust however was a bit more pocket like than panini like. I think if they had used the formula that they use on the "soft subs" they may have gotten a little closer. Basically I expected the crust to be crispy on the outside yet thick enough to give it some "fluffiness". That didn't happen.

Perhaps the biggest negative is that a box actually only contains one meal. While it says that it is 220 calories and there are 2 servings on the box, that's really not the case. You have to cook the entire panini at once. So unless you have someone readily available to share it with, you actually have yourself a 440 calorie meal. It also says "more filling" on the box. Yeah - no kidding - I have to eat two servings at more calories - of course its going to be more filling. While the calzone pocket clearly states on the box that it is one meal, the panini pocket leads you to believe otherwise - and that's just not cool.




So unless the good folks at Hot Pockets can come up with a way to put the panini in two separate sleeves just like every other Hot Pocket they sell, I have to give this product a thumbs down. Oh and did I mention it costs more? So paying more for half the meals - not good my friends, not good.

It will be back to regular old Hot Pockets for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment