Thursday, August 6, 2009

So Tell Me More Crazy Hot Pocket Lady!

Ok, So I realize that at some point the topic of Hot Pocket's and diet alone will get a little old. So thought it might be nice to tell you ten fun facts about me! I hope this gets some of you who pop in to check to start to follow me and even comment sometimes. I can use all the support I can get!

So here we go!

1. Favorite TV Channel: HGTV. I watch it waaaaaayy too much. Candice Olsen is my favorite designer.

2. Favorite Color: I like reds - from pink to burgundy. and of course black. Its slimming you know!

3. Tattoos: Yes - have 'em, like 'em. I think good tattoo art is amazing. Some true artists of our time. I'll even post a pic of my big back tattoo :) My tattoo is of the Norse Goddess Freya with her blue cat given to her by Thor. She is standing on a bed of Lilies. I got it to represent my girls. So if you think about it - you can figure out their names pretty easily. LOL

And if you're wondering - losing about 20-25 lbs will get me back to that body - lol. We don't want a stretched out tattoo - eeewwww!

4. Latest Accomplishment: Gutting and redoing a 1920's home. It was what I could afford after getting divorced and it is now just how I like it. I feel like I gave it life again!

5. Charity of choice: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - my dad actually committed suicide a year ago this August. Part of the reason for my weight gain I think. Its a great organization. Nobody should have to be stigmatized by depression etc. Suicide actually accounts for 13% of deaths in my Dad's age group. Way more than I ever thought and way too high.

6. Vice - besides food - I would have to say wine. Love it!! Learning about wines from different regions of the world and vintages is exciting to me.

7. Secret geeky love: I love watching election results. Especially presidential ones or ones that put the fate of the house or senate at stake. Blue, Red - which way will they go???

8. Places I'd like to visit: China, Japan, the end of Argentina so I can get on a boat and actually go to Antarctica, Egypt.

9. Some cool places I've been: Australia, most of Europe, Israel, Canada, took the train across the US (not by choice - but that's a whole other story!). Favorite Cities: Belfast, Prague, and my birthplace: NYC!

10. The meaning of life: My two girls. I honestly believe that you have no idea what love is until you have kids. I think all you parents out there would agree. If you are lucky enough to find your soul mate too - well I think then maybe you have found your heaven on earth.

So hopefully now you don't think I'm a total whack job that only eats Hot Pockets. In fact I think I am going to sub dinner and fourth meal tonite with a (sensible) dinner with my honey!

So please keep checking in - I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment